Mitigation: Reduce Emissions
Reduce our contribution to climate change by reducing greenhouse gas emissions and conserving energy.
We are helping our communities reduce our carbon footprint by:
- Promoting fuel-efficient transportation
- Building walkable, bikable communities
- Supporting construction and retrofit of energy efficient buildings and infrastructure
- Advocating for local, sustainable agriculture
- Promoting “reduce, reuse, recycle” by citizens, businesses and institutions
You can get involved by participating in one of our working groups that is involved in mitigation strategies.
Our working groups also assisted with the development of the Whitefish Climate Action Plan, which provides recommendations for the city, school and broader community about ways to conserve energy, reduce greenhouse gas emissions, understand climate change projections, and prepare for likely impacts.