Prepare for impacts associated with a changing climate and more extreme weather events
We are helping our communities prepare for change by:
- Planning growth to minimize exposure to fire, flood, drought
- Updating development codes and educating property owners on risk reduction
- Designing infrastructure that is resilient to extreme weather conditions
- Strengthening local food systems and promoting sustainable agriculture that builds soil
- Conserving water
- Wildfire Smoke and Health Impacts – Partnered with Flathead County Health Department and received a grant from Flathead Electric – Round-up For Safety program to purchase 50 HEPA Air Filters for donation to seniors and individuals with respiratory illness.
- Assisted with the Development of the Whitefish Climate Action Plan which provides recommendations for the city, school, and broader community about ways to conserve energy and design resilient infrastructure.