This year, Climate Smart Glacier Country is hosting its first-ever ART CONTEST! The theme is Climate Smart ART and we are accepting any art you create to capture the spirit of sustainability and climate preparedness in your community. Whether that reminds you of zero-waste housing, forest adventuring, or mountain biking, send us art that depicts what Climate Smart means to you. The winners will be selected by a panel of artists, scientists, and community members, and awards and prizes will be presented at the Whitefish Winter Carnival in February. There will be three judging categories:
(1) Photography & Graphic Design
(2) Video (please keep videos 3-20 minutes long)
(3) Mixed Media (includes painting, sculpture, drawing, quilting, printmaking, and other media)
(4) Snow Sculpture (sign up here to enter via snow sculpture!)
Here’s how you enter:
- Follow us on Facebook and Instagram @climatesmartglaciercountry OR join our mailing list (feel free to do all three!)
- Tag us in your post using #climatesmartart so we can see your artwork, or submit your work (or a picture of it) here on the website using the form below. You also have the option of bringing a Hardcopy Submission Form to the Public Works counter at Whitefish City Hall, attention Sophia Valenzuela.
If there’s a story behind your artwork, let us know! Further information about prizes is forthcoming, but all the winners’ work will be publicly displayed during the winter carnival, and the winner of the video category will have their work screened at the awards ceremony on February 2.
Submissions closed on January 29, 2019.
Prizes will be awarded at the Climate Smart Art Expo on February 2, 2019 following the Whitefish Winter Carnival Grand Parade at the Performing Arts Center. More information can be found here.
If you have any questions, contact us at email@example.com!